You may want to think twice about wearing your sneakers around the house - A recent study out of the University of Arizona found nine different species of bacteria on people's shoes. Even worse, the study also found that bacteria live longer on our shoes than in other places.
Not only do dirty sneakers not look good, but they also spread germs everywhere you walk & could lead to diseases and illnesses such as the Flu. Don't worry, we've got an easy solution to have your sneakers clean and looking as good as new in just a few simple steps!
1. Clean with a dry brush: Use an old toothbrush or scrub brush to remove any dry dirt before washing.
2. Fill your sink with warm water and 1.5 tablespoons of Laundry Detergent.
3. Remove the insoles and laces, and put them aside.
4. Use a wet towel or soft brush to scrub away the problem areas.
5. Use a clean water and sponge to remove soap.
6. Let the shoe to air dry (if possible) or put near the furnace for 12-24 hrs.
7. Clean the insoles: Clean with warm water and detergent (1 tsp), scrub then rinse off.
8. Cleaning the Laces: use an old toothbrush with warm water and detergent to scrub off the dirt.
9. Use a laundry mesh bag to wash laces in washing machine with a regular load of laundry.
10. Let laces and insoles dry the same way you are drying the sneakers.
11. Let Dry - Within 12-24 hours your shoes will look just like new!